Village of Forsyth Board of Trustees met March 2.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CONSENT AGENDA: Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be acted upon by one motion and one vote. If separate action on any particular item is desired, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF FEBRUARY 18, 2020
2. APPROVAL OF WARRANTS
3. ORDINANCE NUMBER 2020-3, AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE DISPOSAL OF CERTAIN ITEMS OF LIBRARY PERSONAL PROPERTY
PUBLIC COMMENT: At this time, the public has the opportunity to express views or make comments to the Mayor and Board of Trustees on agenda items or any other Village issue. Comments must be limited to not more than three (3) minutes.
1. LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORT
2. VILLAGE STAFF REPORTS
1. APPROVAL OF DUGOUT ROOF PROJECT (PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR FOWLER)
1. ORDINANCE NUMBER 2020-4, AN ORDINANCE DENYING THE MAP AMENDMENT APPLICATION FILED BY SAMUEL EUBANK ON SEPTEMBER 10, 2019 (VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR STROHL)
2. ORDINANCE NUMBER 2020-5, AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE VILLAGE’S DEVELOPMENT ORDINANCE (VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR STROHL)
3. ORDINANCE NUMBER 2020-6, AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING EXERCISING THE OPTION AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE CERTAIN PROPERTY FROM W & S FARMS, INC. (VILLAGE ENGINEER FOSTER)
4. RESOLUTION NUMBER 2-2020, A RESOLUTION APPROVING THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT FOR THE SHARING OF CERTAIN COSTS RELATED TO IMPROVEMENT OF PORTIONS OF VARIOUS PUBLIC HIGHWAYS IN MACON COUNTY, ILLINOIS, BETWEEN THE
CITY OF DECATUR, HICKORY POINT TOWNSHIP, LONG CREEK TOWNSHIP, MOUNT ZION TOWNSHIP, CITY OF MAROA, VILLAGE OF FORSYTH, VILLAGE OF LONG CREEK, VILLAGE OF MOUNT ZION, AND THE COUNTY OF MACON, ILLINOIS (VILLAGE ENGINEER FOSTER)
5. DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION REGARDING FORMER RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY (VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR STROHL)
6. DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION REGARDING COMMUNITY CENTER AND SPORTS PARK PROJECTS (TRUSTEE GRUENEWALD)
CLOSED SESSION: Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1): The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees, specific individuals who serve as independent contractors in a park, recreational, or educational setting, or specific volunteers of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee, a specific individual who serves as an independent contractor in a park, recreational, or educational setting, or a volunteer of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(21): Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed under this Act, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes as mandated by Section 2.06.
CONSIDERATION OF MATTERS ARISING FROM CLOSED SESSION
1. APPOINTMENT OF VILLAGE CLERK (VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR STROHL)