Argenta Board of Trustees review staff reports.
The village of Argenta Board of Trustees met Nov. 19 to review staff reports.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the board:
MINUTES REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE VILLAGE OF ARGENTA, ILLINOIS #16/12/19 R24 MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2016 @ 6:00 P.M. VILLAGE HALL, 330 N WARREN STREET, ARGENTA, ILLINOIS
Call to Order: Mayor Luedke called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. Roll Call: Mayor Luedke and Trustees Crower, Pagel, Barker and Bowman were present. Trustees Hanna and Kaufman were absent. Also in attendance were Attorney Ed Flynn, Deputy Hunt, Street Superintendent Ken Smith, and Clerk Sherry Koszesza. Pledge of Allegiance Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Board Meeting Minutes of December 5, 2016, #16-12-05 R23 2. Approval of Disbursements #16-12-19 D24 3. Approval of Bank Reconciliations #16-12-19 BR24
Trustee Crowder moved and Trustee Barker seconded to approve the Consent
Agenda as presented. Upon a call of the roll, the vote was:
Hanna = Absent Crowder = Yes Kaufman= Absent Pagel = Yes but abstain from Minutes Barker = Yes Bowman = Yes but abstain from Minutes Motion carried. Public Comment: There was none. Recognition of Visitors: There were none. Department Reports:
1. Law Enforcement Report. Deputy Hunt had one call a couple of weeks ago. It was a person that was suicidal. When Deputy Hunt arrived she said that she didn’t mean it but ended up being taken to the hospital. During the investigation at her home, drug paraphernalia was found and she was charged for that.
2. Village Staff Reports. Street Superintendent Ken Smith said that the water plant has been having issues kicking on. It seems to be an electrical problem. He has requested someone from All Services to look at it. Ken told the Board about snow plowing Gerber Bank. He said we would only be plowing the parking lot area. We will not be responsible for the sidewalks. Trustee Bowman asked Attorney Ed Flynn if we would have any liability with not doing the sidewalks. He said no, you could require the owner to do it or just do nothing at all and it would be considered a known hazard. He suggested that the merchants take care of it. Trustee Crowder asked about the parking area in front of the community building. Could our plowing that area make the Village liable? Ed said that possibly if our plowing caused it to be slicker. Ken said that Steve Ekiss is no longer plowing. Trustee Pagel said that he saw they were finishing up the demo uptown. Ken will put up a better looking fence along the open area. Attorney Flynn said that the demo work was some of the best demo work that he has ever seen.
3. Mayor’s Report. There was nothing to report.
4. Attorney’s Report. There was nothing to report.
Old Business: There was none. New Business:
1. Discuss/Vote on snow plowing Gerber State Bank parking lot. Trustee Crowder asked if we were getting paid and where the money would go. They will pay $125.00 per incident with the understanding that they will be plowed after the Village streets, the school and the bus barn. Larry Bennett was fine with that. The money will go into the General fund.
Trustee Bowman moved and Trustee Pagel seconded to approve snow plowing
Gerber State Bank parking lot. Upon a call of the roll, the vote was:
Hanna = Absent Crowder = Yes Kaufman = Absent Pagel = Yes Barker = Yes Bowman = Yes Motion carried.
2. Discuss/Vote on using unpaved portion of Warren Street for a wine tasting tent for the
Argenta IceFest on February 11, 2017. Mayor Luedke said that it has to be an enclosed area. That is why it will be there. Trustee Crowder asked if it was to keep the kids out. Yes. The owner of the Winery will have to get a special permit from the Village and the State.
Hanna = Absent Crowder = Yes Kaufman= Absent Pagel = Yes Barker = Yes Bowman = Yes Motion carried. Trustee Barker asked if all the ordinance violations were taken care of. There is one that still has not been resolved. Mayor Luedke said that we will have Deputy Hunt take a citation to her. Trustee Pagel asked about the generator. Ken said that there were 2 proposals. One is about $19,000.00and the other is about $22,000.00. There is a possible USDA grant that maybe we can get. BGM is going to help us with the specs. The grant would be for 35% of the cost. Ken said that we will be lucky to see the generator by next winter. Mayor Luedke asked Ed if we have to put it out for bids. Ed said we would need to get proposals for the generator and the installation separately. Closed Session: Open Session: