Argenta-Oreana Public Library District Board of Trustees met June 24.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 PM by Aaron Klepzig. Library Board members present were Trudy Smith, Linda Albert and Barbara Light. Also, in attendance was Donna Schaal, Library Director and Brad Irwin, Assistant Director.
Correspondence, communications, and public comments – The board has received more notification of annexation letters from the City of Decatur.
The Board reviewed the minutes from the May meeting. The times for the closed session were not listed. Barbara will review the tape and report the times to Donna so that the minutes can be amended. Aaron moved to approve the minutes as amended. Trudy seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
The board reviewed the May bill list. Aaron asked about check numbers 10275 and 10276. Donna explained that these are for lawn mowing at Argenta and Oreana. Trudy asked about the check to OTC. Donna explained that this was for “giveaways” during the Summer Reading Program. Linda asked about check number 10285 to Scotts Lawn and Landscape Service. Donna said that this was for mulching at Oreana. Aaron asked about check number 10289 to Kaiser Electrical Contractors. Donna explained that this was for repair of lights at Oreana. Trudy moved to approve the bills as presented. Linda seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
The May Bookkeeper’s and Treasurer’s reports were tabled until next month.
DonnaSchaalpresentedtheDirector’sreport.DonnareviewedthecirculationnumbersforMay. The library received a donation from Bargenta for the Summer Reading Program in the amount of $250. Donna noted that both buildings had minor maintenance items completed. The Summer Reading Program has started and has had a total of approximately 300 attendees for the events so far. There were 6 participants at the monthly Book Club meeting. Donna attended several meetings and events.
Old Business –
Signature cards for Gerber State Bank. Signing the cards was tabled since several of the board members were absent. Prevailing Wage – Donna reminded the board that a Prevailing Wage Ordinance no longer needs to be passed as an ordinance. AOPLD’s website links to the Macon County Prevailing Wage data. AOPLD is still required to follow Prevailing Wage whenever we go out for bid for a project.
There were six items of new business.
1. From the Finance Committee: Working Budget for FY2020- The board reviewed the recommendation from the Finance Committee to the board for the FY 2020 Working Budget. Linda moved to accept the recommendation of the committee. Trudy seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
2. Additional IMRF payment – Barbara moved to make a lump sum payment of $15,000 to mitigate unfunded liability. Linda seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
3. Review of closed minutes – Barbara reported that she had reviewed the closed minutes for meeting held in the previous year. All minutes pertained to items that should remain closed.
4. Freedom of Information Act Policy – The board reviewed the current Freedom of Information Act Policy for Argenta- Oreana Public Library District. Trudy moved to accept the policy as presented. Linda seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
5. Financial Review by May, Cocagne & King – Barbara moved to hire May, Cocagne & King to conduct a Financial Review of AOPLD for 2019, acknowledging that this is a review not an audit. Trudy seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
6. Approve agreed instruction language for Gerber State Bank – Barbara moved to close the meeting citing closed session 5 ILCS 120/2(c) (11) (pending litigation). Linda seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes. The board moved into closed session at 6:10 PM. The board returned from closed session at 6:17 PM. Linda moved to approve instruction language for Gerber State Bank under terms of the agreement. Trudy seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
Miscellaneous – Donna noted that the Library got a frontpage story in the Herald and Review for one of the Summer Reading programs.
Aaron asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Trudy moved to adjourn the meeting. Linda seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes. Aaron adjourned the meeting at 6:25 PM.
The next board meeting will be on July 24, 2019, at Oreana.