Argenta-Oreana Public Library District Board of Trustees met May 20.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The meeting was called to order at 4:43 PM by Vice President Jackie Goeppinger. Library Board members present were Trudy Smith, Linda Albert and Aaron Klepzig. Also, in attendance was Donna Schaal, Library Director, and Bradley Irwin, Assistant Director.
Following the 2019 election results, Donna administered the Oath of Office to new board member, Trudy Smith, and re- elected board member, Jackie Goeppinger.
The Board elected the following officers: President John White, Vice President Jackie Goeppinger, Secretary Barb Light, and Treasurer Matt Honnold. All were unanimously re-elected to continue in their current positions.
The Board reviewed the minutes from the April meeting. There were no corrections. Aaron moved to approve the minutes. Linda seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
Other than the official election results, there was no correspondence or communication. The board reviewed the April bill list. There were no questions on the bill list. The board reviewed the April Bookkeeper and Treasurer’s reports.
Aaron moved to approve the April bill list, Bookkeeper and Treasurer’s reports. Trudy seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
Donna Schaal presented the director’s report. Donna reviewed the circulation numbers for April. Circulation numbers continue to be good. The final tally for the Spring Book Sale was a little over $350.00. We continue to receive donations for the Summer Reading program. The Oreana flower beds have been redone for the year. We are continuing to work with the Lapsit from the Elementary School. Their numbers have been increasing. Donna reached out to the attorney about the misspellings in the document submitted to the court; she was reluctant to correct the document since it might draw more attention to it. She did state that the next set of documents would be proofed more closely.
There was one item of Old Business. The Argenta flagpole is still having issues. Aaron will be assisting us for a permanent solution.
There were five items of new business.
1. Director evaluation and compensation. Trudy made a motion to move into closed session citing exemption Personnel-5 ILCS 120/2 (c ) (1). Linda seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes. The board moved into closed session at 5:02 PM. The board returned from closed session at 5:15 PM. Aaron moved that the Board would retain the director for another year and to increase the director’s compensation as discussed. Linda seconded the motion. A roll call vote was taken with all ayes.
2. The Board reviewed the Gerber State Bank documents to make access changes to our bank accounts. We found several discrepancies. The documents were tabled until new corrected documents could be obtained.
3. A motion to approve the FY2020 Non-Resident Fee Policy was made by Trudy and seconded by Linda. The motion passed with all ayes.
4. A motion to set the date for the public hearing of the FY2020 Budget and appropriations ordinance 20-02 for July 22, 2019 at 4:15 PM at the Oreana Public Library building was made by Aaron and seconded by Trudy. The motion passed with all ayes.
5. Discussion was held on the Tentative FY2020 Budget and Appropriations Ordinance 20-02. Donna reviewed the numbers with the Board Members stating that the County had not yet provided the normal documentation that she uses to figure next year’s numbers. However, the Board has until the July meeting to make changes as this is a tentative document. The ordinance will be voted on at the July meeting.
There was one item of miscellaneous business. It has been noted that most of the plants in front of Argenta died this year. Donna received a quote for upgrading the entire rock garden. She will let them know that they can begin.
The next meeting will be on Monday, June 24, 2019 at 4:30 PM at the Argenta Building.
Jackie asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Linda moved to adjourn the meeting. Trudy seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes. The meeting adjourned at 5:49 PM.